Dolphin Swim School, Inc Policy Acknowledgement & Understanding Agreement
There are no refunds for absences.
When you book swim lessons at Dolphin Swim School, Inc., the dates and times you reserve are held for you whether you show up or not. We understand that unplanned events like illness or traffic problems happen occasionally; therefore, all students are entitled to one (1) make-up session for an excused absence per four scheduled lessons per month. For an absence to be considered excused, you are required to call (916) 929-8188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before the start of class. If you don't call or email before the lesson starts, the class will be forfeited. Extraordinary circumstances and extended illness will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Make-Up Session Policy
- Make-up sessions must be scheduled within 30 days of the excused absence
- Make-up sessions can not be transferred to other students
- Make-up sessions can not be used towards future enrollments
- Make-up sessions may not be rescheduled
- The is no guarantee on which swim teacher will conduct the make-up session
Canceled Class Policy
Dolphin Swim School guarantees that lessons booked will be available as scheduled. If it is necessary for Dolphin Swim School, Inc to cancel a lesson, the lessons will be rescheduled at no additional cost.
Scheduling with Home School Vouchers
If you are with a HomeSchool group and using a Home School Voucher to pay for tuition, the voucher must be in our office before we can schedule classes. Vouchers need to be signed before we can schedule classes, this can be via an email or photo of the signed voucher. Students using homeschool vouchers must be enrolled in that homeschool group. Please ensure that you apply for the correct dates, number of classes, and price of classes when requesting the voucher.
Communicable Disease Prevention Policy
Communicable diseases, also known as infectious diseases or transmissible diseases, are illnesses that result from the infection, presence, and growth of pathogenic biologic agents in an individual human. To safely teach swim lessons, our teachers must physically contact their students and therefore can not be entirely protected from the possible transmission of a communicable disease. Therefore, if a student or parent has symptoms, was exposed, or is concerned about possibly catching a contagious disease, DO NOT participate in swim lessons.
Swim Pants and Pool Contamination Policy
Fecal contamination and vomit in or around the pool pose a severe health risk to all persons using the facility. When an accident occurs, we are forced to shut down operations for an extended period of time to clean and sanitize our facility properly. For the health and safety of our swimmers and teachers, please follow these policies:
- Children under 4 years old are required to wear reusable swim pants (diapers). Disposable diapers are not permitted in the pool. Dolphin Swim School, Inc has a wide selection of swim pants for sale. Please make sure you use a size that properly fits your child. The elastic legs must be tight enough to contain an accident.
- Students who have been experiencing diarrhea or vomiting leading up to their swim lesions should not participate in swim lessons.
Dolphin Safety Rules
- NO RUNNING for any reason.
- No smoking on the pool deck, in the locker rooms, or in front of the doors.
- No glass containers on the pool deck or in the locker rooms.
- Children must stay out of the pool until their lesson begins (unless approved by their swim teacher).
- All children not in a swim class must be supervised by an appropriate guardian.
- Guardians must remain on the property and be easily reachable while students are in class.
- Please try not to interfere while classes are in progress. This can cause a distraction for the instructor and other students.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- Dolphin Swim School teachers cannot make special arrangements for students not enrolled in a class. If your student is in need of a class, please see the swim desk.